Hemp – body products
Hemp body and skin care products generally use hemp seed oil as an ingredient in the recipe. Thankfully, for whatever reason, the topical use of the super nutritious seed oil was never prohibited.
Hemp seeds are rich in protein, polyunsaturated fatty acids, omega 6, omega 3 and insoluble fiber.
They are a good source of tocopherols or Vitamin E antioxidants. They’re packed with minerals such as potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, calcium, and phosphorus, plus microelements like strontium, thorium, arsenic, and chromium.
High in essential fatty acids, Omega 6 and omega 3, hemp oil can be used to increase immunity, counteract aging skin and improve cardiovascular health. Several studies show that the linoleic acid present in hemp oil can slow down the aging process and fight psoriasis.
Benefits of Hemp Oil:
1. Maintain a Hormonal Balance Hemp is the only edible seed that contains gamma-linolenic acid, which is eventually converted to the protective hormone prostaglandin PGE1 that regulates the hormonal balance and supports menopausal health.
2. Regenerates and Energises The Skin’s Protective Layer Due to its high content of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, hemp oil has a composition similar to skin lipids, which makes it an excellent natural emollient and moisturiser. It is especially useful for dry, tired or dehydrated skin and nails. It increases the skin elasticity and water retention capacity in tissues. Pure hemp oil can be used to treat dry hair and is often included in hair conditioners.
3. Great For Vegetarians Getting the right balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids can be tricky for vegetarians and vegans. Hemp oil has the optimal ratio of these acids.
4. Helps Lower Cholesterol The only vegetable oil to contain omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids (3:1), hemp oil can help lower cholesterol levels by accelerating metabolic processes. With a faster metabolism, fats burn at a quicker rate and are not deposited on the artery walls.
5. Good For Diabetes Due to its low carbohydrate and sugar content, hemp oil is can be a great food additive for diabetics. The nutrients present in it can help moderate blood sugar levels.
6. Help Prevent Psoriasis Psoriasis is caused by a deficiency of omega-6 fatty acids in the body. The fatty acids present in hemp oil help improve skin oxygenation and hydration.
7. Boost Your Immunity Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids also improve immunity and regulate intestinal flora, thus building a natural barrier against microbes and increasing the resilience of the body.
8. Helps Prevent Demyelination Of Nervous System Essential fatty acids are necessary for a healthy cell membrane structure. They also prevent the demyelination, the destruction of the myelin sheath (a membrane that protects the nerve cells).
9. Help Prevent Varicose Veins Like other compounds high in omega-3s, hemp oil can thin your blood, reducing blood clots and varicose veins.
Hemp Oil For Hair: Benefits and Uses 2019 https://www.hailmaryjane.com/hemp-oil-for-hair/