Hemp seeds have been consumed as a staple food all over the world for thousands of years, they are the latest, greatest and oldest super food known to man.
Hemp seed protein is gluten-free with a complete essential amino acid profile and is the only plant to make protein from Edestin making it more digestible than other forms of protein. Hemp seeds also contain: GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid) believed to be important for preventing inflammation and 15 times more fat-fighting CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) than fish oil, gut-cleansing fibre, cholesterol-fighting phytosterols, minerals including calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc, vitamin E plus other antioxidants, B vitamins including folate, and vitamin D3 – the only known plant food source of this bone-building “sunshine” vitamin.
Hemp Seed is Nature’s Perfect High Protein Food
• Hemp protein is the gift of the vegetable world. No where else in nature can someone get a more complete protein source from one place.
• Hemp seeds contain up to 36% protein.
• The protein in hemp seed is comprised of approximately 65% of Edestin and can be found only in hemp seed protein.
• Edestin aids digestion, is low in phosphorus and is considered the backbone of human cellular DNA.
• The other one third of hemp seed protein is Albumin, another high quality globulin protein similar to that found in egg whites.
• Since hemp seed protein is 65% globulin Edistin, and also includes albumin, its protein is readily available in a form quite similar to that found in blood plasma.
• Hemp protein contains all 20 known amino acids including the 8 essential and 2 semi-essential amino acids (EAA’s) our bodies cannot produce. Proteins are considered complete when they contain all 9 essential amino acids in a sufficient quantity and ratio to meet the body’s protein requirements.
• Hemp seed oil may be nature’s most perfectly balanced oil. It contains an ideal 3:1 ratio of omega-6’s [linoleic acid] to omega-3’s [alpha-linolenic acid] for long-term use, and provides the omega-6 derivative gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).
• No other single food source has the essential amino acids in such an easily digestible form, nor has the essential fatty acids in as perfect a ratio to meet human nutritional needs.
• Hemp seed is an excellent source of calcium and iron. Whole hemp seeds are also a good source of phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, copper and manganese.
• Hemp seed is gluten free and consequently will not trigger symptoms of celiac disease • Hemp protein is also free of oligosaccharides found in soy, which cause stomach upset and gas.